Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sakura Slippers

Konichiwa!
The cherry blossom (sakura) is Japan's unofficial national flower. It is also my official favorite flower. 

It's a delicate flower that blooms only for a very short time. For the Japanese sakura symbolises the transience of life, in other words: life is short, shit happens, not much you can do about that so stop whining.

Life may be short, but as long as you can find beauty in life it's a life worth living. If you're lucky, your daddy ordered a custom pair of pretty slippers for you, so you'll never need to look any further, beauty can literalily be found right under your nose (I mean not right under your nose, unless you're a midget your feet probably are a bit further down..). 

These slippers were made of Novita Huopanen unspun yarn and following the same good old slipper pattern I always use (found in Finnish here and in English as translated by yours truly here).

Domo arigato, Mr Roboto. (Dunno why but I simply had to end the blog post with that. Had to!)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! @ "Mr. Roboto".... I used to listen to that song too! About to start a pair of sleepers for my husband using your English translation, then I want to make a pair for myself just like the ones above. Lovely pair! How do you do the embroidery? Do you have a tutorial for that? Perhaps I should look in your archives.... oh, but I want to start knitting!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete