Monday, November 15, 2010

Taija's scarf

I have a nasty uninvited visitor who refuses to leave me alone. I had to stay home few days end of last week to take care of him (pain in the arse if you ask me). Yesterday I rejoiced as I thought I saw him packing. "Good riddance", thought I. But apparently he ain't goin no where. His name is Infectio Acuta Respiratoria Superior, although friends and close acquaintances call him Flu for short, and he's here to stay. For a few days more at least. He's a complete bitch and I hate his guts.


So, I'm stuck home with him and all I do is sleep and drink buckets of Glögi (=hot grape juice seasoned with cloves, ginger and cinnamon). But no matter how under the weather I am, I can't resist doing a bit of light knitting while I'm up. Once again, I started another project using Novita Katri. I can't stress enough how utterly wonderful this yarn is, soft, cuddly and affordable. Perfection!

This scarf is for another dear old friend of mine. She asked for a lacy red scarf and I'm guessing she'll be more than satisfied with this delightful creation. She is a unique piece of work, as is this scarf, so I thought it proper to name the pattern after her.


Instructions:

Yarn: Novita Katri (100g = 160m, 100% acrylic)
Gauge: 14 st = 10cm
Skeins: 2
Needle: 6mm



Cast on 35. Knit according to the chart below (click to enlarge). Cast off loosely when you have reached the desired lenght for your scarf. Weave in ends.
 

6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. Need to find some yarn to. Make it!
    Brenda. Lonestar knitters group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! Will post up more pics (better close ups) in few days, so stay tuned for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scarf!!! I had to share this with my Texas knitting group.....we do get a chill in the air here and a pretty scarf helps. Thanks for sharing your designing skill.

    always alice
    Copperas Cove, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sini, I just came across your lovely pattern on pinterest and decided to tackle it this weekend. It is a beautiful scarf but after 1 round, my scarf looks nothing like your pic. I'm a little confused now with the chart. Your picture looks like knit stitches in the middle area of every row. The chart shows knit stitches on even rows(wrong side rows) which result in purls on the right side. Can you please help clear up my confusion. Thanks a bunch!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woopsie doopsie!
      It's been so long since I made this I don't remember which one is wrong, the chart or my knitting :D But looking at the picture I think the stitches in the middle should be knitted on right side and purled at the back to make it look the same as on the pictures, knitting by the chart will result in a different kind of pattern.
      SORRY and happy knitting :)

      Delete
  5. Wondering if the chart has been corrected to knit this beautiful scarf?

    ReplyDelete