Sunday, February 12, 2012

So Many Projects, So Little Time

Last week I sold a third of my entire stock. WHAAT? Yeah, as unbelievable as it is, someone bought six of my items in one single order. This was after one of my creations making it to the front page of Etsy and my views going through the roof. I've never had a big stock of bags anyways but after this -in my own modest scale- massive sale my stock was once again even smaller. I was astound. Surprised. Flabbergasted.

Now I've got the positive problem of having to create loads of more new items to be sold. Which is nice. But there's not enough hours in the day! I've got seven bags in various stages of unfinished at the moment plus four little pouches, and I'm going back and forth between them. Knitting a bit of that, throwing this to the washer, embroidering a bit of the third and simultaniously making plans in my head for a million more bags. After a while it get's exhausting. I find myself not having energy to even think of any of them let alone make anything, the chaos of bags makes me panic and freeze.

I'm in serious need of a kick in the buttocks. What do you do when you've found yourself up to your ears in unfinished work?

6 comments:

  1. Hello: the blog post says: my bag! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath, you are but one person, making beautiful bags. And if they are to stay beautiful, you need to slow done and enjoy each one. You can only do so much and people have to wait for the joy of owning a handmade bag of such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! I have been reading Eckhart Tolle and he is constantly reminding us to concentrate on the process and the journey instead of the goal, to stay present in the present. That's the only way to get creativity flowing. Thanks Nicole!

      Delete
  3. I've been having the same problem! I've totally lost my steam and have SO much I need to be working on. Well, I hope you're back on track and hopefully I will be shortly too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes and no. I've still got too many project and don't know which one to concentrate on, but at the moment I'm not stressing about it. Why should I?

      Delete