Saturday, August 27, 2011

Roses Tote Bag

As I'm preparing to launch a little Etsy shop I'm making loads of knitted felted bags, or fulled to be more accurate. This big beauty was made out of 10 skeins of Naturgarn by Viking of Norway (colourway 632 Lime green) and the pattern follows the same principles as most my bags recently.


I'm particularily happy with the handles, they turned out quite nice. Here are the instructions for a braided handle:

Cast on 12 st on dpn. Purl 1 row, then divide stitches in 3 parts. With the first 4st knit I-cord: Knit the first row and instead of turning slide the stitches to the end of the needle. Bring the yarn from behind and knit to the end of the needle never turning, but sliding the stitches to the end of the needle after every knitted row. Knit 90 rows. Leave the stitches aside and do the same for the remaining two sections. Once you have all three I-cords knitted, braid them, join them on one needle and purl one row. Cast off and darn in ends. One handle takes one skein of Viking of Norway Naturgarn when knitted with a size 7mm needle.

I attached the handles after embroidering the bag and sewing on the lining so that they wouldn't be in the way.

The embroidery was done with DMC embroidery cotton in 5 different shades.

And now on to the next bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment